Monday, June 7, 2010

Q&A with StaticWhite

Maya from Static White makes the cutest little Batlings you will ever see and her custom creations are to die for! Her needle gets put to use on a variety of other things as well – check her store to see for yourself. ;) Keep reading to find out more about the woman behind the stitches.
CZ: Tell us a little about yourself!
SW: I'm a New Yawker now living in the Bible Belt Buckle (halp!), ex-ballet dancer now seamtrix and artist.

 
CZ: What type of items do you sell?
SW: Everything from creepy critters to clothing and accessories and then some.
CZ: What is the inspiration behind your shop?
SW: My overactive imagination comes up with things ranging from cute to creepy to elegant. I read A LOT of fiction/scifi/fantasy so that may have something to do with it too.

CZ: What is the greatest compliment you have received about your work?
SW: My favorite comment was that I have "stitches like sutures" when it comes to my hand sewn items and if she were injured, with no medic in sight, she'd want me to stitch her up. Aww *blush*.
CZ: When did you first realize that you weren’t “like the other kids”?
SW: Heh, as a kid I was a tomboy, I didn't eat candy, I loved to read books & comics, I watched scifi/horror movies... and still do, so you tell me.

CZ: What’s a typical day in the life of this Dark Sider like?
SW: Coffee. Check email & Etsy shops. More Coffee. Stop a cat from doing whatever bad thing it's doing. Check email, shops & surf teh webs. Stitch, draft, doodle or write. Snark at husband. Chase off other cat. Read a bit of a book. Check email & Etsy shops, surf teh webs... sometimes I even sleep.
CZ: Zombies or Vampires?
SW: Vampires!

CZ: Which horror character do you identify with most?
SW: Somewhere between Selene (Underworld) and Mercy Thompson (book series by Patricia Briggs).
CZ: What scares you?
SW: Clowns and sock monkeys. Well more of a loathing than a scare, unless we're talking about Pennywise. Now HE scares the hell out of me and I love me some Tim Curry.

CZ: When my undead masses take over will you be with us or against us?
SW: Well, if I go the vampire route, I guess I'd be against you. Sorry but someone needs to keep the zombies from spoiling all the food ;)


Watch these pages for more mayhem and madness from Static White!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/swstitchery
http://staticwhite.etsy.com/
http://staticwhite.blogspot.com/














4 comments:

  1. Cool interview! I like that monkey with the dangling bloody paw and ribs showing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview. I loves me some Maya!!! So nice to hear about the woman behind the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the questions, answers and photos. Funny she used to be a ballerina cuz I have secretly thought to myself that she looks like one in some of her photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BlackNick - Rommie says come closer he wants to give you an nom... err, hug. Yeah hug.

    Heehee ♥♥♥ EJP!

    FaeryDustPixy - Yup, I was. I even got to prance Lincoln Center's stage for 2yrs :D

    ReplyDelete