Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Love Manor

I didn’t get all of my haunt features done in October…things just got too busy that last week. What that means for you guys is that Halloween is extended through this week! Today I’m featuring Love Manor and then you can expect a piece on Dave Lowe’s Haunt (or The Unnamed Haunt That No One Dare Name Because It's So Haunted ;) haha) in a day or two. So without further ado…


Johnny Love’s “Love Manor” is a giant piece of Halloween eye-candy. His photography is also phenomenal so even if you can’t see it in person you can still get the creepy vibe right from your computer screen. :)

CZ: I already know that Halloween is the most awesome holiday out there but my readers may not, so can you give us your opinion why it is?
LM: I think Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because of many things. First, I love how creative you can be with your decorating/prop building. Pretty much anything goes! Second, there's a feel of magic and wonder in the air, like anything's possible.

CZ: When did you start “haunting”?
LM: I started decorating for Halloween many many years ago, before I can really remember. I remember decorating our hotel room in Florida when we stayed there in October when I was maybe 7. We put a huge jack o' lantern in the window and I dressed up like a ninja. Now, maybe within the past 6 years, I have really taken my decorating to a whole new level and have since been known as a "Home Haunter". It actually all started when I was browsing Yahoo! one day I saw their "Hot Searches", the first one being "Halloween Decorating Projects". Through that I found The Halloween Monster List and was, needless to say, hooked.

CZ: Creepiest man behind the mask – Michael Myers or Jason?
LM: Michael Myers is definitely a classic amongst my family. I actually live within a few blocks of Tommy Doyle's home on Orange Grove here in Hollywood.

CZ: What is your favorite prop/decoration and why?
LM: Anything vintage. I have collected decorations for many many years, many of which have been passed down to me from prior generations. I do, however, always say that the best decorations are not found in the Halloween isle at the store, but beyond it.

CZ: You must have one absolute favorite memory about your haunt - tell us what it is.
LM: I think one of my favorite memories was after the trick or treaters had come through and were all home enjoying their collections of candy, I went outside into the cemetery and took a seat on the mausoleum and sat there, watching the fog weave through the tall grass, the fireflies fluttering through the bushes, the ambient sounds of crickets, frogs and the far away howling winds. When all of a sudden a hearse drove by, stopped, and whomever was inside took a moment to enjoy the display before they continued their journey on through the night.

CZ: What’s the ultimate Halloween candy?
LM: Definitely a tough question. I'm a sucker for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. However I remember a lady used to hand out hot cider and caramel apples on our street, that was definitely the ultimate.

CZ: How much time goes into your haunt each year?
LM: The entire year. I'm always thinking about it!

CZ: From whom or what do you draw your inspiration?
LM: I draw my inspiration from many things and people. I've always loved Disney and the creative displays and things they have created through the many years they've been around. I always look to The Haunted Mansion whenever I need some creativity. I've always loved Martha Stewart, knowing that Halloween is her favorite holiday is always encouraging. There are also many home haunters out there to which my hat must be tipped to!

CZ: Morticia Addams or Lily Munster?
LM: Morticia Addams. I love how the light casts across her eyes.

CZ: Is your family supportive of your haunting obsession or do they think you’re insane?
LM: They definitely share the insanity with me.

CZ: What does the future hold for your haunt?
LM: Many things of which I cannot tell. Everyone should be in for a surprise this year though!

CZ: Any links you’d like included?
LM: Please be sure to check out www.LoveManor.com and checkout my Twitter, Facebook, Blog and Flickr pages (all accessible from the front page of the website)! Comments and views are greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Great interview from a great haunter! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy to be featured! Thanks so much, I had a blast answering the questions.

    ReplyDelete