Thursday, July 29, 2010

Learning to Sew

I just got home from spending the last three days with my grandmother, learning how to sew. I bought a machine and wanted to learn how to use it so I wouldn’t have to bother her with all of my Halloween costume projects and my mending (do you know how big a pain it is to drive 2 hours one way to get a new zipper put in something?!).

I thought making some pieces for mine and my husband’s 2010 costumes might be a good learning experience. Suffice it to say that she ended up doing 85% of the work because the projects were way over my head, but I did learn how to use my machine and I did do some of the sewing. I even learned how to sew by hand. Hey, give me a break – I never took Home Ec. in school!

As frustrating as the projects were, we had fun and I feel like I could tackle an easier pattern soon. So here’s to the start of (hopefully) some great handmade Halloween costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment